|Size||1 x 1|
|Skill(s) Required||Leather Working|
|Object(s) Required||Board x3|
|Back to Structures | Objects|
How to AcquireEdit
uild > Ta ning Tub
How to use Tanning TubEdit
In order to make leather in a Tanning Tub, you have to follow the steps below. Leather isn't exactly hard to make, but it is a time-consuming process.
- Acquire a raw bear hide, raw hide, raw fox hide, fresh rabbit fur, or raw sheep skin.
- Dry the hide by placing it in a drying frame.
- Wait 8 real-time hours for the hide to finish drying.
- Take the dried hide and place it in a tanning tub.
- Fill a bucket, using either a well or an open water source.
- Hold the full bucket on your mouse cursor and right-click the tanning tub to fill it, tub needs at least 6 buckets of water to be ready to be used (tanning tub's maximum water storage is 100 liters. You need 10 buckets full of water to fill a tub to 100%.). The tub sprite will change once there is enough water in it.
- Obtain a piece of tree bark from a fully grown tree.
- Place the bark into the tub the same way you did with the water, one piece of bark is all that is needed.
- Wait 24 real-time hours for the hide to turn into leather.
- Retrieve your finished leather.
Each tub can only hold one hide at a time. The amount of leather you get is equal to the size of the hide used. Dried bear hide and dried hide (boar, cow, deer) provide four leather, dried fox hide and dried sheep skin provide two leather, and rabbit fur provides one leather.
There is currently a bug that can set a tanning tub's progress to 92%.
For the tanning process:
qLeather = (3*qHide + qBark + qWater + qTub)/6:
To figure out Tub quality, qTub = (6*qLeather) - (3*qHide + qBark + qWater)